5.04.2008

a good, productive day

Doesn't it feel nice when you've had a productive day? Renee, Liz, and I went to visit my friend and jewelry artist extraordinaire, Rebecca Scott, at the Joy Street Studios during the Somerville Open Studios event this afternoon. (This was after I took them to Bloc 11 Cafe for some coffee though.) Anyway, we spent a while gawking at all of Rebecca's beautiful jewelry pieces and all three of us walked away with something pretty for ourselves. Liz got a beautiful hand wrapped pearl necklace; Renee got a silver ginko leaf (I think it was the new ginko leaf design?) necklace to wear to our wedding (now just to build the dress around that - lol - don't you love our priorities?); and I got this pair of cute ginko leaf and freshwater pearls earrings.


I tend not to really wear a lot of jewelry but when I do, it's usually when we go out. I like to bring her pieces with me on my trips out to see my mom, but I've learned that those pieces don't always necessarily make it back home with me after the trip. So to say that my mom LOVES Rebecca's work is an understatement. Needless to say (and I think I can post this because I don't think she or my stepdad read my blog), her Mother's Day gift was taken care of during this shopping excursion.

After that, we drove over to St. Ann's Parish where our friend, Teeru, was selling her beautiful line of jewelry. Then we drove over to Harvard Square to check out the May Fair, only to find out that it has been postponed until next Sunday due to the rainy weather. We decided to trek around anyway and visited a couple of shops including one of my favorites, Black Ink. They always have the quirkiest things in there. I found a spring whisk for only $3 and a handy little, fold-up-able, step stool. Then we stopped at Papyrus and I couldn't leave without getting this sushi wrapping paper. Isn't it funny? I have a couple of card ideas brewing in my head now.


Liz brought over the products I had ordered from a Stampin' Up party she held at her house a couple of weeks ago, so I had this lovely little box of new ink stamp pads to play with when I got home.

There are 12 of these little ink pads from their "Earth Elements" color family. Basically, I wanted all of them anyway and so it was cheaper to buy the set of 12 small ones rather than 12 of the big pads. Tonight, I used the "Chocolate Chip" (a really nice dark brown, ya'll) for the sentiment on this wedding card.


I don't know if it's the nicer weather (read: non-snowing and the occasional sunny day) or being away from Spark, but I've been in a card making groove these days. Well, in this case, these two were made for Mother's Day and for my friend Jeff. But still. It's kind of neat having my creative mojo back. :)


Lastly (wow, this is a rather long post), a shout out to my friend, Kate, who did the Walk for Hunger in Boston today. Hope you had fun despite the icky weather!



No comments: