5.11.2008

may fair + more cards

After we had breakfast at the Bloc 11 Cafe in Union Square, Tony and I walked over to Harvard Square to check out the May Fair (thanks to Liz for suggesting it last weekend!). It was pretty neat how they had parts of Mass Ave, Church, and Brattle Streets blocked off for the various vendors and restaurants. We got to meet artist Bren Bataclan, I bought a really cute dress from LF Stores for only $28 (originally priced at $236 - no joke!), and we saw some great sidewalk chalk art. Crazy to think that this fair has been going on for 25 years and this is the first time we've ever been to it.




I managed to make a few cards lately too. And I've started something called my Track Back Project. Check it out here.

This one is just like the one I made for my mom and sister for Mother's Day.

I just love how blue and brown go together so nicely. I used my QuicKutz tool to punch out the flower petals, and my new "word window punch tool for the "congratulations" message from Stampin' Up.

I couldn't think of a way to incorporate a sentiment on the front of this card after I was done putting it together. It would be useful for just about any occasion, so I think I'm just going to leave it blank on the outside.

Ever since Liz's Stampin' Up party, I've wanted to try the scalloping technique that Amy Corr taught us. So I went to AC Moore last week and bought one of these corner rounder tools, took off the guard, and voila! LOVE how easy it is to make a scalloped edge now! And to think, I've been handcutting them all this time.

I had this sentiment stamp made through Impress Rubber Stamps because I like the quote so much. I used a lot of scrap pieces of paper on this card.

My mom has been able to sell a lot of cards at the salon lately so she needs me to send her more. Gotta go work on some Father's Day and graduation designs. But before I go, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you moms out there! :)





No comments: