1.13.2009

featured on etsy

Check this out! An Etsy user picked one of the items from my online store to feature in a list of her favorite picks (click to enlarge the photo):

It's a photo card and the two red chairs on the front of the card are on my in-law's front porch. I am so tickled that someone picked something from my store to feature in a "Treasury" list! For those who have never explored that section of Etsy (I just recently discovered it for the first time myself):

The treasury is a member-curated gallery of short-lived lists of 12 hand-picked items each (plus four alternates). It functions as a high-demand (and pretty!) promotional tool that many devoted Etsians fight to get. Members can feature their favorite items, items selected on a theme, or just however they like. The Treasury is not intended for self-promotion, but instead to acknowledge and share the many cool things for sale on Etsy. Admin often choose an exceptional Treasury list to promote on the home page and occasionally make them to tie into Storque articles or special events and occasions.
When they say "fight" to get, they are serious! They only allow 333 treasuries at a time (they all have expiration dates) so when the current number comes close to 333, people (like a couple thousand at a time - seriously!) will stalk the page until a page is released in the hopes of being able to get a treasury page. I kid you not! I [insert shameless confession here] admittedly stalked the page a couple of days ago vs. roughly 4,000 other Etsians and did not manage to get a page. Boo hoo. Hopefully better luck next time.

Anyway, thanks for letting me share this little gleam of fame with all of you. Hurry because her treasury expires tomorrow (Wednesday) at 5:16 pm EST!


No comments: