2.03.2009

can't believe it's February already

Sheesh. Where did January go?! Well, a nice thing about it being February is that I get to look at this pretty picture on my calendar at work now. Thanks, Elissa! I guess it's also nice that we're a little tiny bit closer to spring, although you would never be able to tell that by looking out the window right now. It's like 10 degrees outside and I think it's been snowing since 9 am today. Enough of the white stuff already!

Alas, check out what I got in the mail from our stepmom today:


Yaktrax! Have you ever heard of these? When I emailed her about the crazy amounts of snow we've been getting, she mentioned these but I have never heard of them. And ta-da! Now I get to try them out. Sweet! I was slip sliding all over the place on the walk home tonight so these should be helpful tomorrow. Although, I am a little worried about how dirty they'll get. Hmmmm ... anyone else out there tried these yet?

On a crafty note ... I went to a "shoebox" crafting party at Liz's house on Sunday and had so much fun! There were six of us total and we each brought a small project (plus all the tools and supplies needed) for everyone to make and take home. The theme was Valentine's day cards but I added a little twist to mine and made favors instead.

I got the idea from Nichole Heady's blog so I cannot take any credit for coming up with this idea at all. I just think that it's such a great way to use Avery labels and Papertrey Ink's "limitless labels" stamp set.

Joan had us make this card with the most adorable stamp of two kissing birds. I am totally digging the red and blue combination going here, and have to get my hands on that stamp! (Um, yes, that is my glass of wine in the background ... LOL)

Wanda gave us the stuff to make this cute card. I changed it up a little and used Liz's "s.w.a.k." stamp in the middle.

Liz's card was rockin' - literally! I love how her card is masculine enough to give to a dude for Valentine's day.

I love the shorts on this penguin! Tara's card had us glittering up his boxers - too cute!


Amy's Stampin' Up! cards were pretty awesome! Note to self: get these die cuts!!

Okay, gotta go work on that knitted baby sweater!


No comments: