3.01.2009

successful sunday

Despite sleeping, I had quite a productive and successful Sunday. I managed to figure out my total revenue and sales figures for my small business so that Tony can begin filing our taxes for last year. I cleaned out and organized old phone bills, electric bills, gas bills, credit card statements, and a crazy stack of useless receipts. On top of it all, I made this knitted monkey toy.

I know, I surprise myself sometimes too. LOL I got the pattern from the Jelly Bums Etsy shop and just couldn't resist working on it this weekend. I must say though, he looks rather pathetic compared to what he's supposed to look like. I totally did his arm attachment wrong, and the poor guy's ears are not even. The connection between his head and body made his head quite floppy, so I added a little green scarf to hide his scrawny neck. I think I was just too eager to get him made, so I'm too embarrassed to post him in the Jelly Bums Friends Flickr gallery. I think it'll be saved for a baby toy for sure, and I'd like to give him a name but I can't think of any. Next time I think I'll use some sort of cotton yarn, smaller needles to get a tighter gauge (you can see the stuffing in some areas), and maybe take my time. LOL

Also cooked with prawns for the very first time ... read all about it here. All in all, it was a pretty good, low-key, snowed in Sunday. NOT looking forward to the walk to work in the morning.


1 comment:

P. Kelly Smith said...

Hi Candice,

Congratulations on being one of our three February Gallery Challenge winners!

I don't have your e-mail, so I decided to track you down on your blog.

Please e-mail me at ksmith@ckmedia.com so we can discuss your prize.

Thanks!
Kelly