5.22.2009

damask + flowers

I got this nice big damask stamp from Impress Rubber Stamps the other day and couldn't help but put together a bright, hot pink-ish sort of diva-like card right away. I love how crisp the image came out, especially after using some clear embossing powder on it to make it feel slick.



Aside from the one card design that I've managed to create within the past week (yeah, I know, I need to pick up the pace and set my butt down at the craftin' table to make more soon), I put together a listing on Etsy for some flower notecards. I love walking through the neighborhood snapping photos of flowers. Lately, I've been so drawn to allium flowers, especially the big bright purple ones that just seem to spring out of no where.

So this set ... you can pick four images and you get four notecards with envelopes. Mix and match flowers or you can have all the same, etc. (click on the image to enlarge it)

Oh and you know what other flower I really like lately? Peonies. I just think they are so beautiful and I love how the petals look so papery.

Anyway, that's it for damask and flowers. On to another heat scorching day here in the Northeast. Can you believe that it's supposed to hit 90 -- isn't it only mid-May?! Luckily (and somehow rather quickly) it's supposed to get back down to 70 on Saturday, so hopefully this [long] weekend will be nice.

TGIF everyone! :)


No comments: