1.02.2010

christmas card book

I was inspired by something that Ali Edwards demonstrated on her blog last May (just one of many links I've had bookmarked as 'favorites' under my 'to do someday' folder) that was basically about taking stuff that you already have on hand and using it to make a mini book.

I put the concept to use for an album of pictures from our west coast trip last November (pics of that project soon to come, once it's finally completed!) and thought to do something with all of the great holiday photo and greeting cards we received in 2009. It's as simple as punching holes and adding a simple cover. So simple that I wish I would've thought about doing it before. Alas, I think this will be a new tradition I'll look forward to doing during that week after Christmas.


I made the cover pieces (6" x 8" each) out of heavy mat board which I covered with some pretty paper that a friend had used to wrap a bottle of wine in for me. I added some American Crafts thickers to spell out Christmas 2009 and recycled the ribbon from the same wine gift as a finishing touch. Not too over the top.

I lined the inside of the covers with some red and white paper, and then adhered our holiday photo/card to the inside. I think it'll be a nice, easy way to look back at the holidays over the years, especially to see the children in the photos grow year to year.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Good job as always! I really like the idea for combining Christmas cards. We get all these nice cards, but no real good place to display them all together. This would be a great place to stash them.

- Anonymous