8.31.2006

totally inspired


So I think that buying Elsie's book was a very good thing. It has inspired me to do some layouts and I'm feeling scrappy again! (Thanks Elsie!) I did challenge #1 - Work Those Words - as a layout using photos of my nephew, Evan, playing with his older brother's bike helmet. Totally fun doodling and cutting things out! This one is called "Happy".

I did challenge #2 - Focus on One Photo - using a black and white photo of my boyfriend with his drum set. It's called "The Life of a Drummer" and the journaling is about how not-so-glamorous being a drummer can be. I wanted to give it more of an industrial/grungy feeling, so I cut the gears out of a piece of patterned paper (and used a circle punch too) and used some of these screw brads I had lying around. He was very flattered! :)

Okay, gotta go prepare for a class I'm teaching tonight. So psyched because we will be using the new American Crafts line of paper and ribbons!

No comments: